Monday, October 27, 2008

October 27th ~ 7 Months Old


(CLICK on the image above to see 24 photos from this month)


Our little punkin is growing longer and stronger. We discovered Brighton's first tooth just last week (I believe it was on Thursday). He's been teething since he was about 8 weeks old. And if he's anything like his siblings, this first tooth only means that the next 7 will be coming in any day. He is also talking like CRAZY. He's still saying, "Mama" and experimenting with all other sounds with his lips and tongue. If we try to talk over him, he just increases his volume. His laugh is unbelievable--the whole world is hilarious to him.

As you'll see in the pictures, I've been wearing him on my back so that I can get some work done around the house. My friend, Laureen, sent me that awesome tangerine (not mandarine) Ergo he's sitting in after I complained about the cost of baby carriers (note to self: complain to Laureen more often). He really seems to enjoy it. I do, too, as long as I remember to put my hair up in a bun. Otherwise we're pulling gobs of it out of his little fists all day.

Brighton is still strictly on breastmilk--no cereal, solids, juice, or water. He's growing like mad and really thriving. He'll have a poke test in a few weeks to test his iron levels, but we're not concerned. He'll probably start his first cereal/solids at 9 months. I'm so glad to give my babies such a natural, healthy start!

Brighton can now get to anything he wants. He doesn't exactly crawl--it's more like an all-fours endeavor. Sometimes he looks like a walrus splatting his arms down and pulling his legs very quickly behind. This boy can fly! And he's just now starting to pull himself up--not completely to his feet, yet, but at least his torso comes off the ground and he's figuring it out slowly. It looks like he might be like his big brother (as well as his father) and just skip right over crawling and go straight to walking. We're really in trouble.


The pictures are all taken with Brayla's little princess camera that she got for her birthday. Our camera died I believe the day before my birthday and we've been without for a month now. YIKES! But the good news is that we found something affordable on Ebay and it should be arriving any day now. I'm SO excited! Don't ever take your digital cameras for granted (especially with little ones growing and changing every day).

Well, that's it for now. Hugs all around!

2 ♥ thoughtful comments ♥:

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

Precious pictures!! And I love that darling hat Brayla is wearing!!!

Chell said...

wow he is growing so fast. What a group of cuties you have there!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails