Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tot Talk Tuesdays {9}



It's been a long while since I've posted one, but... Believe it or not, I AM still a participant in Tot Talk Tuesdays started by Niecey of The Monkeys and Me. I've gathered up a few from the last month or two.

Scenario #1:
My son and I were hanging out one day and he said to me:
Brandon: "Mommy, I want a kiss."
So I leaned forward and gave him a peck on his lips. But he didn't seem very happy about it. He got a very serious face and said:
"No mommy. I wanna fall in LUB!"
Apparently, falling in love means you close your eyes and hold your lips together for a very long time. So we did, in fact, proceed to fall in lub. And I had the slobber to prove it.

Scenario #2:

One recent day it was snowing very heavily and we were out and about running errands, so we swung by hubby's work place to pick him up. When we arrived he was standing out in on the sidewalk, bundled up tightly, and chatting with a female student who looked to be waiting for her ride, too. At that very moment...

Brayla: "Let me guess, THAT'S the girl that daddy likes??"
Me: "Um, no. Your daddy and mommy are married. That means Daddy doesn't like other girls anymore."
Brayla: Oh.
Of course he climbs into the car and busts out laughing when we told him what happened.

Scenario #3:
We were getting the kids ready to go outside. For those who live in freezing areas of the country, you'll understand when I say that often times it takes longer to bundle up to go outside than it does to actually PLAY outside. So I'm trying to get my youngest ready. He's very excited about his new mittens and he keeps holding them up to me before I can get his snow pants and jacket on him. I tell him firmly:

Me: "Brighton, we have to put your coat on before we can get your mittens on."
Then a very frustrated 1 year old YELLS, with all of his might, to his daddy up the stairs:
Brighton: Daaaaddddddddyyyyyyy!
(he's learning to appeal to the other parent when he doesn't get what he wants right away)

Scenario #4:
The last month, my middle child has started using a new tactic to get his way. Whenever something happens that he doesn't like or if anyone says something to him that hurts his feelings, he gets a very sad look on his face and says:
"Mommy, you broke my heart!"

Scenario #5:
Brayla: Mommy, you know what I've always wanted?
Me: What's that?
Brayla: A box-in-the-jack.

Please join in the fun each week HERE.

10 ♥ thoughtful comments ♥:

Niecey said...

Very entertaining! I loved scenario 2. Hahaha. Sounds like Brandon is quite the sentimental romantic. There will be girls all over him when he grows up!

Lenetta said...

I'm pretty sure I just fell in lub...

septembermom said...

Love the broke your heart one. Really precious memories here.

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

Niecey~ He really is such a romantic. Already! YIKES!

Lenetta~ LOL It's pretty easy to.

Kelly~ Today he said two different people broke his heart. I asked him how it could happen again if it was already broken today. He said that the second person broke his other heart. Apparently he has more than one or two...that may explain his early romance. :)

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

I can't make a "thoughtful" comment 'cause I'm laughing too hard.

Kathryn said...

Haha those are all so cute!!

Trish said...

Very funny and sweet! I really enjoyed reading these, and I can totally relate to the bundling up thing (although I only have to do it for one child, so it's a bit less taxing). :)

sujata sengupta said...

First and foremost I have missed you so!! first you were away from blogging and then I was away for a month..phew!! Guess I am too falling in LUB with you and your kids!!

A VERY VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!!

Brittany said...

Kids are great, always good for a laugh!

Farmgirl Paints said...

I love that you are taking the time to jot down these precious moments. IF you don't they are gone forever. I know I can't even remember what I had yesterday for lunch!

Related Posts with Thumbnails