Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day:
Proposal Anniversary



I hope everyone is having a wonderful St. Patrick's Day. Today is always a special day in the Miller home. Fourteen years ago today, my darling hubby proposed to me. He took me to a park from his home town, snuggled me against his chest, and asked me to be his bride for the rest of his life. I was so excited. ME...married to Lee Miller! Am I the luckiest woman on the face of the earth, or WHAT!?!?

A few specifics that stem from that proposal:

1) When Lee asked for my hand (you know, the whole 'go ask the father' routine), my dad never said "yes" or "no." Lee told him he wanted to marry me and my father sorta clapped his hands together, leaned forward, and said, "Okay, let's talk about a date." I can't be sure, but I think they are the ones who picked the date.

2) We had a fairly short engagement...only five months. That was partially so that we could get married just before the following school year started. But really and truly, after 4 years of friendship and that last 7 months of dating we simply, um, wanted each other. To say we were "hot" for one another is an understatement. We didn't want to have to wait any longer than absolutely necessary to share the goods, guilt-FREE! I totally don't envy other Christians who are currently engaged and struggling with that natural desire. Been there. Done that. Dude, that's harsh. Can I hear an AMEN?!

3) Lee picked out my engagement ring, which I totally love. I like that we didn't go looking together and that it was HIS gift to ME. It was gorgeous and he wouldn't let me actually see the wedding band until our wedding day when he put it on my finger in front of all our friends and family. What a romantic, eh?

Happy proposal anniversary, darling! I'm SO glad you asked me. And I'm SOOOO glad I said, "YES!"

3 ♥ thoughtful comments ♥:

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

Awwwwwwww............................

Tipsy Gypsy said...

You are too cute, Mrs. Miller! Amen to your number two and happy proposal anniversary! Love you lots, girl!

Millie @ The Busy Butlers said...

Awwwwwwwwww! and a hearty AMEN! (We'd been there, done that, too!) Okay, I can totally understand the conversation we had yesterday! It was so nice to see you and chat for a few minutes. We need to do that more often!

Related Posts with Thumbnails