4 days ago
Phase 1: Alarm goes off and he gently reminds her that the sun is up, class/work is starting soon, and it's time to get going.
Phase 2: He turns the lights on or opens the blinds. The room is bright but that doesn't matter so much because she tucks her head deeply under the blankets.
Phase 3: He pulls the blankets off the bed. She lays there in her
skimpy lingeriePJs pretending she's not cold (or blinded).
Phase 4: He blasts some of their favorite music into the room. In those early years, it was probably U2 (which I could STILL wake up to every morning and beyond), or Dave Matthew's Band, or something else along those lines. She mouths the words, but her eyes are still closed.
Phase 5: He begins pulling and prodding her from the bed. She playfully slaps and pushes his hands away, leaving him with little else to do...
Phase 6: He begins slowly and carefully removing her night clothes. She may even help (admitting defeat). By now she's at least coherent, though usually feisty. Honestly, phase six is just a leeway to phase seven because if we made it this far, there's no stopping this train. ;)
Phase 7: By now it's been close to 20 minutes. He gives her one final warning, "Phase Seven, Time's UP!" Seeing her motionless, he matter-of-factly begins removing his own clothing, reminding her that "you only brought this on yourself." She (now fully awake) begins giggling. She's been awake since phase four (music helps), but WHY get out of bed when there's a 7th phase on its way?
1) Put the nuts and coconut oil (the oil may be solid, which is fine) in your food processor together.
2) Then add dates one or two at a time (they're very sticky and have ruined food processors before).
3) Add your dried cherries at the end. Keep adding and tasting until you reach your desired sweetness and consistency.
4) Dump the mix into a pan and press/flatten firmly.
5) Cover and refrigerate for a couple hours before cutting. Store in the refrigerator.
Treese Morford DeBoer, MSW, CSW-PIP, QMHP, HBCE
Clinical Social Worker-Private Practice
Certified HypnoBirthing Practitioner
Wellness Home Consultant/Certified CA